My husband and I are first time homeowners. The top level of our new home is all hardward floors. I think we have spoiled ourselfs with having this in our first home because now we'll always want them! The floors work well with our pets…we have a 7 year old cat, 3 year old dog and at 14 week old puppy. Trust me, the hard wood floors have came in VERY handy with a new puppy in the house! Not only are they easy to clean but they don't trap hair like carpets would which is really nice for us considering my father is allergic to cat hair.
Hardwood floors provide a great look to your home too and you are not stuck with that "well, what would look good with our color of carpet" factor. But back to my original question…So, Why Wood?
- Longevity – Solid wood floors last for hundreds of years. Over the centuries, wood has proven itself to be a durable floor choice. Newer synthetic materials have been unable to stand the test of time.
- Increased Home Value – Hardwood floors add real value to the home, as well as structural stability. Solid wood is a permanent flooring solution rather than a simple floor covering. Potential home buyers desire hardwood in homes because of the durability & aesthetic value.
- Coziness & Warmth – Wood is naturally warm, holds the surrounding temperature and is an excellent insulator. There are thousands of air channels within each piece of hardwood which hold in the surrounding heat.
- Hypoallergenic – For people with environmental allergies, hardwood is a must. Unlike carpet, wood does not harbor mildew, mites & pet hair.
- Easy to Clean – Sweep, mop a little and you have a spotless floor. While hardwood floors are easy to repair, if you do get a gouge or a scratch in the floor, it often adds to the character. Modern polyurethane finishes eliminate the need for waxing & hand buffing.
If you are interested in hardwood flooring, whether it's refinishing, remodeling or new construction, Barnum Floors are just the people to talk to! Barnum Floors specialize in custom hardwood flooring, installed and finished on-site while consistently setting the standard for restoration of existing hardwood floors. This family owned & operated company repeatedly demonstrates their commitment to excellence and customer satisfaction. Check them out on the web at www.barnumfloors.com to learn more about them and what they do.
No related photos.